Friday, January 18, 2013

working out in the "comfort" of my home...

Do you ever have one of those days when you really don't want to leave the house?  Well, the snow (or more the anticipation of said snow, which melted very quickly!) made me want to be a hermit all day today.  But... as the clock ticked away, I knew I needed to get in a workout.   I have some workout videos, but they're packed away in a box somewhere. I started to look for them, but then I remembered this workout that Bob did on this week's Biggest Loser.  My trainer from a few years ago also had me do this workout during one of my last sessions in order to show me an "easy" workout at home.  I'm not sure why, but I never did it until today (about 2 years later!)  So... this was my workout!



Basically, I used a deck of cards.  Every suit represented a different movement.  Aces =11, Face cards = 10, and number cards = their value.  So, if I drew an ace of hearts, I did 11 burpees (I made burpees hearts because I LOVE them so much!!!  not...) Jokers = 50 jumping jacks.   To increase the intensity, I used an 8lb dumbbell for my squats (I held it straight out in front) and during sit ups (I held it at my chest for some, and high above my head for others).  When all was said and done, I had completed 95 of each movement!  It took me about 32 minutes to complete it, so now I have a time to beat!

The great thing about this workout is that I can change it up to be whatever I want it to be.  Once I get more weights for the house, I can do more resistance movements.  I could use climbing the stairs in my house as one of the movements.  The possibilities are endless!  I don't have an exercise mat, and most of my house is tile or hardwood, so I literally completed this entire workout in the tiny hallway of my house since it's the only carpeted spot.  Haha!  No excuses!

And if you're wondering if it was an efficient workout... I'll let this picture help you decide...


Hooray for being a hermit AND getting in an awesome workout today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment