Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chocolate Challenge

I, like many people, have a love/hate relationship with chocolate.  It is so very yummy and makes me smile... until 10 pieces later I realize what's going on and then I kick myself for "enjoying" too much of a good thing!  When I came in to work this morning, I found a bag of goodies in my mailbox that I had not taken out before Christmas break.  There was an orange (yum) and about 5 "fun size" pieces of chocolate.  I had one, and right away wanted to have all of them.  So... when the kids left the classroom to go to music, guess what I did?  I FLUSHED THEM!  Yep... it wasn't enough for me to put them in the trash can.  I had to make sure they were gone.  As the day has progressed, I've decided that I am going to go on a slight chocolate fast for this month.  My rule is that I will only have chocolate (of any variety... candy, cookie, brownie, etc) if I am with Chuy (my sweet husband).  He helps me not go overboard.  Plus, he gave me some wonderful Trader Joe's dark chocolate in my stocking, and we can't let that go to waste!  (Side note: the reason he gave that to me was because the nutrition guy at the gym said that having a piece of dark chocolate at night was a good snack option.  See how he helps me succeed!?)

So here goes... no chocolate, unless I'm with Chuy, for the rest of this month!  Who's with me!?  


No comments:

Post a Comment