Wednesday, January 16, 2013

it's not supposed to be easy...

Last night after working my regular job (teaching Pre-K) and my part time job (tutoring at Sylvan) and going grocery shopping, the last thing I wanted to do was go to the gym.  It was almost 8:00.  I hadn't seen Chuy all day.  That morning I had an appointment that I had to fast for because they were drawing blood.  I was totally out of sorts all day.  I didn't feel like exercising.  I could have very easily justified skipping the gym last night.  Even as I was walking into the gym, I was muttering to myself  how much I just didn't want to be there.  I was such a grump!  

But as I changed into my workout clothes I felt like I heard the Lord whisper to my heart, "since when has this been easy?"  Sure, I may really enjoy some workouts... zumba is a blast... on odd days I enjoy running... but the last 2.5 years have been FAR from easy!!  I have hurt physically (both from muscle aches and clumsiness in the gym! hehe), I've cried when that scale wouldn't move for weeks, I've lost sleep getting up for early workouts, I've said no to food that I really wanted.  But... these years of work are PAYING OFF!  It's not easy losing 70 pounds, but it's worth every difficult moment. 

This morning I got up and went to a 6am training class at my new gym.  Did I want to go back to sleep when the alarm went off at 5am?  Absolutely.  But do I regret getting up and finishing one of the hardest classes yet?  Not even for a second.

“Act. It’s of God. (Philippians 2:13) If you do rather than lamenting what you can’t do, you will do more than you thought you could.” - John Piper

No comments:

Post a Comment