Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Biggest Loser Contest Begins!

Alrighty folks... I'm all signed up and have started the Biggest Loser competition at the gym!  My starting weight was 189 (higher than normal, but I usually weigh in first thing in the morning and this was right after lunch).  Yesterday was the first day of the competition.  I am using myfitnesspal to track my calorie intake, and yesterday was the first day in as long as I can remember (literally) that I didn't go over my 1200 calorie limit!  It was a little tough, but no major temptations yet... I'm sure they'll come later.  I got to the gym last night at about 7:15, jogged 3.3 miles (40 minutes), did 10 rounds of: 10 burpees and 10 sit-ups (about 17 minutes), and finished with 20 minutes on the elliptical.  While I was working out last night, I saw some ladies who may be my competition.  I don't know yet who's in the competition, so I just see everyone there as a competitor!  If I see someone working out hard, I try to up my intensity - competition is good for me!  It's only day 2 and I'm already tired, but I'll find my groove.  I did it before, I can do it again!  This time, unlike before, I had Chuy take some "before" pictures for me.  I'll be sure to take some at the end of these 2 months to see if we can really see a difference.  So exciting!



1 comment: