Thursday, April 18, 2013

Who's Gonna be the Biggest Loser!?

When I joined my gym, I noticed on the website that they had recently held a "Biggest Loser" competition.  The winner won $300!!  I have been waiting... hoping... and asking for them to do another one, and finally it's HERE!  It begins Sunday, April 21 and ends Sunday, June 23. I don't even know yet what the prize will be or how it will be judged.  I know that I have to weigh in and they have to measure my body fat.  I don't know if it will be number of pounds lost or percentage.  There are a lot of "I don't knows," but what I do know is that I will do everything in my power to win.  I will not do anything that is not good for my body, but I will be pushing myself harder than I have been.  Chuy is willing to eat (and prepare!) simpler meals for the next couple of months, and I'm ready to make some sacrifices myself.  I have my priorities - things that won't get cut from the calendar, but for the most part, if you want to find me, check the gym... or the trail... or my living room floor (I've been TRYING to work out at home lately).  If you offer me candy or a cookie, I might slap you... just a warning. ;-)  If you see me, PLEASE ask how I'm doing.  I welcome any advice, encouragement or work out buddies.  I figure no matter what, I'll win. I'll give my all to win the competition, but more than that, I'll have lost more pounds, be closer to my goal, and be stronger.  I always try to pick it up a notch in the summer anyway, so this will be a great boost.  

If anyone out there has been following my journey since the beginning, you may remember that I was in another competition from Jan - March of 2011.  I won that competition, but I feel like the competition will be tougher at my current gym.  I've seen some pretty intense athletes!  I'll have to raise the bar and see just how hard I can work.  I'll update here after my initial weigh in at the gym.  I'm so tempted to eat junk food from now until weigh in day!  But I know that wouldn't be good for me at all... can't blame a girl for trying though. ;)

Here's a little trip down memory lane of the last competition...




If memory serves me correctly, this was about 40 pounds ago... so losing 20+ pounds might not be feasible this time. Any thoughts on what my goal should be?


1 comment: