Friday, March 29, 2013

Death might attack her, but death cannot have her!

I have a confession to make. I am a fan of Christian hip-hop. I know you might be surprised, but it's true. Sad fact is though, I married a man who is not a fan (at all). So, when I'm at the gym, it's my time to listen to whatever I want! A few days ago I was running along when the song, "Take Me There," by Trip Lee came on. I had heard this song before, but it has been a while. Let me just put the lyrics to the second verse here for you...

Tell me have you ever seen her? 
She's sick with a disease and it's really tryin' to beat her 
It's taken all her strength 
She knows that it can't defeat her 
Cuz she gonna be with Jesus 
She's more than just a dreamer. 

Her peace and her joy man it really ain't gone 
It's all because she knows earth really ain't home
And even when she's by herself she really ain't alone 
Her Savior's there with her while she's singing this song

She knows sickness might get her 
And death might grab her 
But she ain't scared of death cuz she's trusting in the Master 
Was buried but He rose up a few days after 
So death might attack her but death cannot have her
 
So she tells her family, "don't worry anymore" 

When she's gone from the body she'll be present with the Lord 
Her body will be raised, so much glory is in store 
He is her reward so she sings:

I just wanna go where 

I'm only breathing your air 
Father hear my prayer 
Take me there
Take me there 
I just wanna see you 
Brighter than I'm used to you 
Finally see it clear 
Take me there 
Take me there 
Take me there

Thankfully, there weren't many people at the gym that night, so no one witnessed my tears.  How could I hear those words and not imagine my sweet Mom singing them.  They say so perfectly the life she lived, and the hope she had even as she died.  It is more than perfect timing for me to hear these words as we celebrate Easter.  Christ died so that He could defeat death.  Defeat it.  "Was buried but He rose up a few days after; Death might attack her, but death cannot have her."  Because of Jesus' death and resurrection, my Mom is alive and well and in His presence.  Somehow I feel like Easter has even more meaning for me now.  I am overwhelmed with thankfulness at Christ's death.  Mom's earthly birthday is coming up soon (April 8th).  I am sure that I will feel the pangs of sadness as I wish I could call her and sing Happy Birthday, but she now has the strength to sing with the angels.  How could I selfishly rather have her here so that I can sing to her?  


Thank You, Jesus, for dying in my place... in my Mom's place.  I praise You!



John 11:25-26 
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.





No comments:

Post a Comment